Fun for children with special needs
Summer Camp at Skylar Hadden School is a unique, integrated, non-competitive immersion program for children with learning challenges. Campers range in age from 6-14. All camp activities are planned to teach skills, build confidence, and improve self-esteem. We achieve this by carefully structuring all of our activities to ensure safety, learning, and growth.
Our camps utilize role play, imaginative play, and cooperative problem-solving to support social and emotional progress. Camp themes are initially set by camp counselors and are refined by the campers into truly unique, child-directed experiences that enhance each child’s unique learning goals. And, of course, hands-on fun, fun, fun!
Many students who cannot attend summer programs without an aide find success and independence in our low student/teacher ratio environment (without an aide).
9:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Enrollment opens in February and closes when all spots are reserved. There are only 10-12 spaces for each camp.
July 9th - 13th, 2018 .................. Fantasy Camp
July 16th - 20th, 2018 ................. Arts & Crafts Camp
July 30th - Aug 3rd, 2018 .......... Pirate Camp
Aug 6th - Aug 10th, 2018 ........... Renaissance Camp
Summer Camp is at the Skylar Hadden campus at 2720 S. Bascom Avenue, San Jose.
REGISTRATION ( form links in BOLD)
1. Attend an open house and schedule paid visit for staff to meet student (will be applied to camp fees if accepted)
3. Students will not be registered until the registration form is filled out, camp fees have been paid in full, and staff meets prospective student.
- Registration for summer camp begins February 28th, 2018. Space is limited.
- Once registered, Skylar Hadden School does not offer refunds of any kind. Weeks registered may be modified, space permitting.
- Health forms and Photo Release/Field Trip form are due 1 week prior to camp attendance.
- Questions? Call 408-559-7500 or email: email@example.com
Cost per week: $800 (some scholarships may be available)